[Hpr] Fwd: Cross-Promotional Opportunties

Carl D Hamann carl.hamann at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 11:20:49 PST 2015

Again, most of my reaction is an emotional response to the tone of the
email, which, as you pointed out, reads as a mail-merged marketing
piece targeted at any organization associated with cyber-security buzz
words. My examination of their site was cursory at best, and I'm far
from labeling them as "evil"; in fact, the fact that they are offering
free-as-in-beer content puts them a step closer to the right track
than most "corporate certificate prep materials for rent" outfits that
I've seen. However, I did read through their [Terms of Service][1],
and they make it quite clear that content belongs to them, and that
you, your content, your status, etc. can be summarily deleted from the
site without cause.

[1]: http://www.cybrary.it/terms-service/