[Hpr] Fwd: Cross-Promotional Opportunties

James Toebes james at toebesacademy.com
Thu Feb 12 12:14:43 PST 2015

Ok.  Looked at it some, but not in great detail.   Here is my 2 cents
(if it is worth that much.)

I agree their email seemed like a generic mass mail.   If they are tight
on personnel and trying to get the word out, I could excuse it.

Looks like a free service offering content.  I would not recommend
setting up a formal relationship with a new site under uncertain terms
(licensing...).  We don't want to make HPR a shilling platform.
However,  if representatives there want to record an episode where they
actually discuss a bit about their site, motivations, philosophies....
I would not mind learning more. That seems exactly why the open
submitter format exist.

I have not seen anyone trying to abuse this open format at HPR yet. If
so (i.e. they try putting a generic pr episode that doesn't address the
community is specific) then I think they could be banned from future
episodes.