[Hpr] Fwd: Cross-Promotional Opportunties

Ivan Privaci epicanis+hpr at dogphilosophy.net
Thu Feb 12 18:26:07 PST 2015

On Thursday, February 12, 2015 08:09:14 PM sndchaser at cerebralrift.org wrote:
> On 2015-02-12 08:08, Ken Fallon wrote:
> >
> > Anyone want to comment on this ?
>
> I don't think it's a fit for HPR in any way.
>
> This site is selling a service, not to potential attendees, but instead
> to third party businesses.  [...]
> I have this impression based on this page:
> http://www.cybrary.it/business-services/host-class/
>
> Especially the sentence: "Get started by talking to a Business Services
> Representative today." It doesn't appear to be about education, instead
> they are a marketing service masquerading as a school.

To be fair, the impression I got from the site as a whole is that the business
services are the "Money making" end of the deal, and the main courses being
done on the site actually are gratis (at least, the degree of libre-ness is
still unknown). (i.e. "let us host a custom class for you" is the "premium"
service that the free courses are there to attract interest in).

At this point, I like James Toebe's and lostnbronx's suggestion best
(ask them to produce an HPR episode about themselves).