[Hpr] New year's post mortem

Dann Washko dann at thelinuxlink.net
Fri Jan 9 04:44:45 PST 2015

Fifty, don't take what I said the wrong way, it was great that you
contributed to the show in such a manner. It showed your enthusiasm and
vigor sir, and I would want nothing less.

I like the format of the NYE show, it's loose, different, and welcoming.
I do have to add, though, I; and I suspect many others may; find it
difficult to participate only because I usually have to work that day
and then there is all the family stuff going on that takes up most of
the time to join. Regardless, I would not want to see it moved to
another day, it's now become an event; and spanning it over 24+ hours
allows so many people to contribute.

The idea of an unconference show: Short topic followed by questions; is
a great one. Although I am not sure it should [only] be applied to the
NYE show. Perhaps this could be a regular event on HPR, one a week, once
every other week, or monthly. Someone could volunteer to do the talk;
maybe sign up in advance or someone could request it; and it could be
scheduled. Tthat is something that could be recorded for an episode. A
calendar could go up and people could schedule a time for their talk and
others would know when to jump on for questions. In this way it is not a
regularly scheduled event but something that just occurs. Then again I
don't want to infringe too much on LinuxLugCast's format. This was more
a ramble than a cohesive thought.