[Hpr] Pictures for uploads

Dave Morriss perloid at autistici.org
Sun Jul 5 05:06:10 PDT 2015

On 05/07/15 04:49, Frank Bell wrote:
> Are there any specifications for pictures that one might want to upload
> when posting a show?

Ken would be able to give a definitive answer but he's been having ISP
and mail problems, so I'll give you my view.

What I do is:

- Remove EXIF data if there is any (exiftool -all= image.jpg)

- Crop the image if necessary (krita's crop tool is really good I find)

- Reduce the image size with ImageMagick (convert bigpic.jpg -resize 640
smallpic.png) [also converts to PNG]

- Name the image hprxxxx_some_name.png so it/they can be identified as
belonging to your show.

- Bundle all images into a compressed tarfile. Call it
hprxxxx_some_name.tgz so it's clear it belongs to your show, and FTP it
to the server.

Oh and I'm planning an HPR show on image manipulation with ImageMagick
(in case Ken asks).

Dave

Dave Morriss, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK | perloid at autistici.org