[Hpr] Comment form and edit field accessibility

Mike Ray mike at raspberryvi.org
Tue Jun 2 03:01:26 PDT 2015

Hello,

The edit fields in the comment form on the web site are totally silent
once a screen-reader has switched into focus mode.

This means that tabbing to the next field does not speak what it is for.

This leads to folks like me needing to take the screen-reader out of
focus mode so I can read the label, and back into focus mode to input text.

Here's a fragment of html which would fix this, I hope this does not
screw up any email clients set to render html.  If it is, shame on you:

<label for="name">Name :</label>
<input id="name" class="input" type="text" name="name">

The <label for...> is what does it.

Mike

--
Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer

"In the beginning there was Debian, and Ubuntu was without form, and void"

Eyes-free Linux:
http://eyesfreelinux.ninja/