[Hpr] Git repository

Klaatu klaatu at straightedgelinux.com
Wed Jun 3 01:27:10 PDT 2015

On 06/03/2015 08:15 PM, Steve Engledow wrote:
> On 03/06, Ken Fallon wrote:
>> Hi All,
>
>> With the closing of Gitorious, we need to find a new home of the code
>> produced by the HPR Project.
>
>> Anyone have any suggestions ?
>
> Hi Ken,
>
> I'm a big fan of [GitLab](https://about.gitlab.com/). We use their
> standalone software where I work but they also have a hosted environment
> which is free to use for both public and private repositories. I host a
> few personal projects there where I'm not quite ready to share them with
> the world on github yet ;)
>
> Steve

I migrated my stuff from gitorious to gitlab, myself, because they do
have a self-hosting version. So they are not open-core but open source
(or at least have a version that is open source).

This is, sort of, pending me coming up with a better homebrewed solution
(like, say, git.)

There was a gitlab/hub/orious -like solution being developed by some
people but I don't remember the project name or the location. Also, I
presume that none of us really have the time to hand-roll a solution anyway.

So, I'm voting gitlab. (We also use the self-hosted version at my work,
seems to work well).

-klaatu