[Hpr] Git repository

Joshua Knapp jknapp85 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 06:03:28 PDT 2015

Anhonesthost has a gitlab server setup for projects I maintain.
Gitlab.anhonesthost.com I believe is where it is running from. I'll double
check after I get home from jury duty.  You guys can setup accounts there
and use that server.

--Josh

On Wednesday, June 3, 2015, Mike Dupont <jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Hi there,
> do we have hosting available?
> if hosting is available, you can use just git over ssh with no front
> end. you can make an http front end public as well. Then people can
> mirror that to github or gitlab but you can make sure the main repo is
> always in your hands.
> http://www.git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-on-the-Server-Setting-Up-the-Server
>
> On 6/3/15, Jason van Gumster <jason at monsterjavaguns.com <javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> >
> > sndchaser at cerebralrift.org <javascript:;> wrote:

> >> Let me toss in a complete alternative to git. I know that everyone
> >> seems to love git these days, but I became quite impressed with fossil a
> >> few years ago.
> >>
> >> The big reasons I like fossil:
> >>
> >> - Single file repositories
> >> - Self-contained versioning system (ie there isn't a need for external
> >> tools like trac or redmine)
> >> - Everything you need: scm, web-interface, ticket system and wiki all
> >> in one
> >> - cgi enabled for web hosting
> >> - Runs on every platform (it's written in TCL)
> >> - Running distributed / forks of repositories is easy
> >>
> >> And the whole thing is, of course, Open Source.
> >>
> >> If you haven't looked at it, it's worth spending some time on their
> >> website: http://fossil-scm.org/index.html/doc/trunk/www/index.wiki
> >>
> >> George
> >
> > Just adding to that, I've used fossil for a few small projects (not
> > entirely
> > code) and I've been quite impressed with it. The integrated wiki and
> > ticketing
> > *is* a bit light, so you may run into trouble if you're trying to do
> > anything
> > that a more dedicated wiki or tracker does (or if you want to extend
> > functionality).
> >
> > It's also worth mentioning that that there is a free github-like hosting
> > service for fossil over at http://chiselapp.com. I've not personally
> used
> > it,
> > but it is mentioned on the fossil website.
> >
> >   -Fweeb

> --
> James Michael DuPont
> Kansas Linux Fest http://kansaslinuxfest.us
> Free/Libre Open Source and Open Knowledge Association of Kansas
> http://openkansas.us
> Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://www.flossk.org
> Saving Wikipedia(tm) articles from deletion
> http://SpeedyDeletion.wikia.com

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse any grammar, spelling or auto-correct
errors.