[Hpr] Fear and Lothian?

Dave Morriss perloid at autistici.org
Tue Mar 3 06:25:18 PST 2015

On 03/03/15 13:59, Mike Ray wrote:

> I might be missing something obvious but Dave's comment on the RSS feed
> titled 'Fear and Lothian' references a show in the far future and
> opening it takes me to hpr0001 as a consequence.
>
> Am I being thick?  Great subject-line though.

Hi Mike,

I did not spot that, though I'm not surprised.

What seems to be going on is that the comment system does some weird
things to the comment fields in the database when a comment is edited.
Since I usually manage the comment system, and I noticed a typo in my
comment, I edited it, which precipitated this issue.

I actually spotted the problem in my own (Perl) code that summarises
comments for the Community News show notes, and came up with a solution
this morning. I do not know if a similar fix is possible with the PHP
code that generates the comment RSS feed but I expect Ken can throw
light on this. I'll discuss this with him.

Dave

Dave Morriss, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK | perloid at autistici.org