[Hpr] Bad e-mail ediquette

Dave Morriss perloid at autistici.org
Thu Mar 19 01:51:41 PDT 2015

On 19/03/15 06:29, Fifty OneFifty wrote:

> I think I must be the one you were thinking of when when you wondered
> on the last monthly review what e-mail client was deleting thread
> information from postings.  Don't blame Google, I was deliberately
> deleting the repeated thread data because I don't like scrolling to
> the bottom of long threads, but I can see how preserving the makes the
> conversation easier to follow.

No, I wasn't meaning you in particular.

Keeping threads intact is a good idea since it makes the conversation
easy to review on the list. But that's to do with how each message
refers back to its ancestors in the message header.

I suspect you are referring to the previous comments in the body of the
message. Trimming them down is a great idea and is good etiquette.

I have a show in construction about this topic which should be ready in
the next few days.

Best wishes,
Dave