[Hpr] Wed 2015-12-02: hpr1913 - UPDATE TO SITE

Ken Fallon ken at fallon.ie
Sun Nov 29 07:39:36 PST 2015

On 2015-11-21 13:11, Ken Fallon wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Due to an error on my part not explaining the reservation process
> correctly and clearly on the site, , may I ask that this date be
> reserved for a show that is still in productions ?
>
> Silence = Yes.

I would ask your permission to allow these reservations, as the site
text currently suggests that it is possible to reserve a slot without
prior approval on this mailing list.

Wed 2015-12-09: hpr1918
Thu 2015-12-10: hpr1919
Wed 2015-12-02: hpr1913

I have made the following changes to the site:

# http://hackerpublicradio.org/stuff_you_need_to_know.php
## Added:

All reservations need to be approved.
In the case where you wish to reserve a particular slot but do not have
the media recorded, you will need to get the reservation approved in
advance by the HPR Mailing List.
The following are standing reservations:
- - Anniversary episodes
- - HPR Community News on the first Monday of the month
- - The first day of the fourth month
- - The days following new year

# http://hackerpublicradio.org/request_a_slot.php
## Added:
You should have your audio recording ready to upload before you request
a slot. In the case where you wish to reserve a particular slot but do
not have the media recorded, you will need to get the reservation
approved in advance by sending an email to the HPR mailing list. Be sure
to allow as much time as possible, and include a reason why you feel it
is necessary to reserve the slot.

## Changed from
You can post your show, or reserve a slot by going to the Calendar page.
## Changed to
You can post your show by going to the Calendar page.

## Added:
The upload form works on the assumption you will be posting one show at
a time, from the same IP address. Once you have pressed submit you will
not be able to edit any of the information.

# http://hackerpublicradio.org/contribute.php
## Changed from
You can post your show, or reserve a slot by going to the Calendar page.
## Changed to
Once you have your audio ready you can post your show by going to the
Calendar page.

# http://hackerpublicradio.org/calendar.php
## Added:
You must have your audio recording ready to upload before you pick a slo
t.

# http://hackerpublicradio.org/upload.php
## Changed from
3. Upload later: Leave upload option 1 and 2 empty if you want to do any
of the following:

- - Reserve the show now and upload media
  By prior approval by the Community via the HPR Mailing List)
    Send physical media by the postal service or deliver in person.
    Make sure you plan in enough time to deliver your media.
    Call in the show via a call in line.
    Remember to leave the episode number at the start of the recording
    Use a traditional ftp client.
    Please email admin at HPR when you are finished uploading so the
show can be processed.

## Changed to

3. Upload via FTP or Call In a show: Leave upload option 1 and 2 empty
if you want to:

- - Call in the show via a call in line.
  Remember to leave the episode number at the start of the recording
- - Use a traditional ftp client.
  Please email admin at HPR when you are finished uploading so the show
can be processed.

4. Reserve a slot: Leave upload option 1 and 2 empty if you have
received prior approval for a reservation from the Community via the HPR
Mailing List to either:

- - Reserve the show now and upload media later.
- - Send physical media by the postal service or deliver in person.
  Make sure you plan in enough time to deliver your media.

- --
Regards,

Ken Fallon
http://kenfallon.com