[Hpr] Markdown for HPR Show Notes

Dave Morriss perloid at autistici.org
Wed Sep 9 11:25:08 PDT 2015

On 08/09/15 21:58, Charles Thayer wrote:
> On the Community News for August 2015, the topic of Markdown for show
> notes came up in response to an episode on PanDoc with Markdown
> (http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps.php?id=1832).
>
> If we're considering this approach, I would prefer Git-Flavored Markdown.
>
> https://help.github.com/articles/github-flavored-markdown/
>
> But any Markdown option would be welcome.

I guess we'd need to know which Markdown variant was being provided, but
looking at the Pandoc documentation it's possible to issue the command:

  pandoc -f markdown_github -t HTML5 shownotes.md -o shownotes.html

and this seems to handle all of the GitHub extended Markdown features.

I wasn't aware of this before, and am delighted to find that the line:

  http://example.com

generates:

Dave

Dave Morriss, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK | perloid at autistici.org