[Hpr] Markdown for HPR Show Notes

Krayon hpr2010 at datapax.com.au
Fri Sep 11 05:42:38 PDT 2015

On 2015-09-09 07:00:05 +1000 (Wed)
Charles Thayer <catintp at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On the Community News for August 2015, the topic of Markdown for show
> notes came up in response to an episode on PanDoc with Markdown
> (http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps.php?id=1832).

[...]

> But any Markdown option would be welcome.

I always GREATLY encourage the use of a standard over things like
Markup. One such standard, and my personal preference, is Creole:
    http://www.wikicreole.org/

For just a few reasons why a standard such as Creole is superior:
    http://www.wilfred.me.uk/blog/2012/07/30/why-markdown-is-not-my-favourite-language/

IMHO Creole's syntax makes more sense than the gazillions (perhaps a
slight exaggeration) of different versions of Markup too. It rocks.

--
Krayon
PGP/GPG Fingerprint: 02D7 4443 D921 46A9 4B75 4EF6 B173 1131 95DE 1474