[Hpr] Getting In New Contributors

Mike Ray mike at raspberryvi.org
Tue Sep 15 06:14:47 PDT 2015

On 15/09/2015 13:59, Ken Fallon wrote:
> On 2015-09-15 14:44, Kevin Wisher wrote:
>> Promotion & PR for new hosts??
>
> Promoting HPR, and getting new hosts from out side the community is an
> on going effort. However the problem I want to address in this thread
> is how to get our existing subscriber base to contribute shows.

I wouldn't want to hear the intro get any longer, with additional bits
of 'encouragement'.  Each contributor should probably make the point
that it is a community resource that badly needs contributors.

I have a problem which is a barrier to me producing more shows, which I
suspect is also a barrier for those who have not yet contributed...

I have previously done shows about things like database design related
things, cross-compilation, Raspberry Pi related stuff.  And although I
have some other technical subjects lined up I always return to the same
thoughts, which are; with 16,000 subscribers there are always going to
be people listening who know far more than I do about the thing I'm
talking about.  I am sure this is also what makes it so difficult to
find speakers for the couple of LUGs I go to.

Mike

--
Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer