[Hpr] Getting In New Contributors

Jon Kulp jonlancekulp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 07:29:37 PDT 2015

On 09/15/2015 08:53 AM, David L. Willson wrote:
> Mike and similar,
>
> Please don't let a hunch that you are not most qualified to speak
> on a subject prevent you from doing a show.

Well if I let that stop me then I would probably not have done 90%
of the shows I've uploaded. My approach is that while I may not be
an expert, I can still talk about how a n00b can use things like
bash scripts and Python scripts etc. Then I can sit back and wait
for Dave Morriss to correct my scripting mistakes. See? I learn
something!

I'm also not crazy about the idea of extra intro material, but if
I'd known the situation was so dire when I recorded it, I would have
added a little plea to contributors at the beginning of my most
recent couple of episodes.

Sometimes it's easier to record as a team. (I think my very first
episode was with NYbill.) I'd be happy to co-host with new
contributors if that would help at all.

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp