[Hpr] Proposed New Series

Carl D Hamann carl.hamann at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 08:42:04 PDT 2016

On April 22, 2016 at 5:42 AM Dave Morriss <perloid at autistici.org> wrote:
> Oh, and we have discussed allowing shows to be members of multiple
> series - something that the database design can't cater for now. That's
> just crazy talk though :-)

It seems to me that in many cases, we're treating series just like a
tag--perhaps intending it to have more weight than the other tags, but I'm
not sure that's really relevant.

The one exception I do see is in the case where a single host presents
several related shows where each builds upon its antecedents. Examples
include Ahuka's Libre Office series and Dave's intro to sed series.

Maybe we should limit series to this second usage or even scrap series
altogether and just use a highly specific tag for such closely related
shows (e.g., "Dave's introduction to sed" or "Ken's OsCon 2019 interviews".

Does the community find value in series as a kind of "primary tag"?