[Hpr] ***SPAM*** Re: speech synthesis during intro

Thu Feb 11 08:29:31 PST 2016

Meh.

On a non-trivial comparison, I don't hear as large a difference in quality.

This is the session log of my test, in case anyone wants to check my results.

--- session log ---

dlwillson at dlwillson-P370EM ~
$ body="We started producing shows as Today with a Techie 10 years, 4 months, 6 days ago. Our shows are produced by listeners like you and can be on any topic that \"are of interest to Hackers\". If you listen to HPR then please consider contributing one show a year. If you record your show now it could be released in 15 days."

dlwillson at dlwillson-P370EM ~
$ say "$body"
2016-02-11 09:25:46.873 GSSpeechServer[27287] No handle for event rport on descriptor 12

dlwillson at dlwillson-P370EM ~
$ espeak "$body"