[Hpr] Fwd: Just hit 1000 IA uploads

Dave Morriss perloid at autistici.org
Sat Jun 11 11:26:26 PDT 2016

Thanks for the kind comments.

I have had - and still am having - a great time helping out with HPR.

It has been wonderful being involved with this amazing community for the
past few years. Long may it continue.

The Internet Archive uploads so far have taken a while. Partly because
in the early stages we had not formulated a system. Now the last week's
shows are uploaded each weekend using a WAV version of the audio.

I am also working backwards through the older shows, usually doing
around 10 per week. We don't have the WAV versions of these any more so
I use the MP3 audio.

The archive.com system is sensitive to bad HTML so I go through looking
for problems in the notes, and at the same time I fix any typos and
spelling mistakes I may spot. Many of the older shows need attention,
and since we also include the summaries and tags I fill these in where
needed.

I use the Task feature of Thunderbird to remind me to do the next batch
each Saturday, and there's a great feeling of satisfaction when I can
click the button that says it's been done :-)

Dave