[Hpr] Changes to series and the series.php page

Dave Morriss perloid at autistici.org
Sat Jun 11 11:52:08 PDT 2016

Hi All,

Back in April there was some discussion about the series and tags within
the HPR database. There were questions about which series were open or
closed (private or public), and a request for a Cooking series.

There has been some work done to rationalise the series since then. A
few series have been replaced by tags, some have been renamed, and a new
series display produced at http://hackerpublicradio.org/series.php

The new series.php shows more information about each series: number of
shows, whether they are open or closed, dates of earliest and latest
episode and links to RSS feeds. The feed feature is something Ken
implemented a while ago which I for one had forgotten about. With it you
can subscribe to the episodes of a specific series.

Also, a "Cooking" series has been created!

There are further changes to be made; we need to implement a better tag
interface, and the difference between shows sharing tags and shows in a
series needs to be clarified.

Dave