[Hpr] World map of contributors?

Clinton Roy clinton.roy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 02:27:13 PDT 2016

On 30 June 2016 at 15:05, Ken Fallon <ken at fallon.ie> wrote:

> On 2016-06-30 06:09, Clinton Roy wrote:
>

> Great idea, any particular software you had in mind ? Ideally something
> using OSM and which can be run on our server.

I'm definitely thinking Open Street Map.

I have no idea what the backend setup is like, is that code available
somewhere?

I *think* I want to add lat/long data to individual shows, and show pins
that link to those episodes. I would start with a completely blank map and
not add
location data to old episodes, to encourage uploads.

It probably makes sense for uploaders to have a default home address, and
when uploading,
default to that for each episode, but let people change that.

For episodes like the monthly news, it makes sense (to me) to have multiple
locations per episode.

> It would also need to accommodate our contributors that are not of this
> world.

Uh, I'm going to need more details here :)

--
Clinton Roy
Software Developer