[Hpr] Separate channel RPG

Joshua Knapp jknapp85 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 18:37:24 PST 2017

A separate channel might not be a bad idea, that way those that want to
just chat don't feel obligated to have to play.

----Long detour --

The site would still be hosted with ANHH, but moving the downloads would
help with the strain that seems to be caused by some people trying to
download the entire archive all at the same time ( may be a little
exaggerated, but you get the idea ) .

Kicking in a few bucks would actually help with bandwidth costs on this end
too, and would relieve some of the strain caused by some people trying to
download the entire archive all at the same time. ( see what I did there? )

It would also make it easier to cover other costs of stuff I'd like to with
HPR's server.

The sponsorship my company has done over the years hasn't really yielded a
lot in the terms of ROI, but we keep doing it because honestly, I like the
concept of HPR and want to continue supporting it.

That being said occasionally we get stuff like people thinking it's cool to
try and hack the site, DDOS the site, or inadvertently consume all the
bandwidth for the server allowed by downloading multiple (10s of) streams
at once.  All these cause issues unfortunately, some bigger issues than
others.

So, not trying to sound greedy, but if people are looking to kick in a few
bucks, getting hosting plan with HPR's coupon or just kicking a few bucks
in with paypal (I could make a page people could donate for HPR directly)
would be a great help.

On Dec 9, 2017 5:36 PM, "Fifty OneFifty" <fiftyonefifty at linuxbasement.com>