[Hpr] Dropping the Call in Numbers

Ken Fallon ken at fallon.ie
Mon Dec 11 09:01:13 PST 2017

On 2017-12-11 17:55, Russ Woodman - K5TUX wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to apologize for dropping the ball on the US call-in number for
> submitting shows.  Changes in the way inbound SIP trunking works and the
> companies that provide those for little to know money change rapidly.
>  I've always wanted to maintain that service because I think it's a
> useful one but with all the irons I have in various fires, it's never
> really been possible.  I'm OK with letting things lapse on that front
> but I'd like to get back to it at some point if I can find a stable and
> low-maintenance way of doing it.  Sorry again.
>
> Russ, K5TUX

Hi Russ,

To be honest I was not aware the US number was down as well, given we
had problems on our side with the FTP server.

Even if it was up and working perfectly, I would still prefer to drop it
in favour of having people submit shows via the website. That way the
process is more or less automated, and it encourages the host to provide
at least some show notes.

I would also like to take the time to thank you for providing the
service free of charge to us all these years.

Ken Fallon
http://kenfallon.com