[Hpr] Slow Downloads

Ken Fallon ken at fallon.ie
Tue Jul 4 10:18:18 PDT 2017

On 2017-07-04 18:59, Krayon wrote:
> On 2017-07-01 00:50:04 +1000 (Sat)
> Joshua Knapp <jknapp85 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am open to other ideas as always.
>
> AGES ago I suggested we set up a mirror ring or something, where we can
> share the load, figured that'd be cool and HPRy.

We had a torrent approach but the issue is that the hash there changes
when a new shows has been added.

I was thinking about a rsync approach but haven't put a lot of effort
into the requirements. The advantage is that we could also distribute
the shownotes, database, images etc.

Volunteers to look at it and peer ?

> We could also do away with the advertising on the shows too then.

As far as I am aware we are not running advertisements on HPR :)

We do however voluntary thank the people who host our shows. If you get
your shows from Joshs server, you hear the anhonesthost mention. On the
other hand if you get them from Archive.org you get a thank you from
there with a link to their support page.

Ken Fallon
http://kenfallon.com