[Hpr] Changes to the Comment system

Ken Fallon ken at fallon.ie
Fri Sep 1 01:59:06 PDT 2017

Hi All,

Dave and I will be working on the comment system over the coming weeks.

The current comment system has many failings from an administration
point of view, but none were so bad as to make us replace it. Recently
however it showed it's age when it fails to render correctly in https.
As a workaround we turned off https on the site.

Next month Google Chrome is going to display a warning for non https
sites, so we will be at a disadvantage if we do not switch to an
encrypted site.

We cannot update the script as there is no update available from the
vendor, and their own site is also showing error messages.

This means we are going to migrate all the comments to a new system. All
existing comments will remain. When posting comments we will be
requiring you to answer some questions as an anti spam measure. For example:
- What is the H in HPR for ?
- Who is the host of this show ?
- How many days are there to the next free slot ?

We'll keep you posted.

Ken Fallon
http://kenfallon.com