[Hpr] Policy change: Reservations

SundaraRaman R sundaryourfriend at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 10:40:07 PST 2018

​"Any host can select any free slot a year in advance, by recording their
show and uploading it to the desired slot. "​

I think the intention here is to say "Any host can select any free slot *up
to* a year in advance". A newbie (like me!) might interpret the above as
needing to necessarily upload a show a year before its airing slot. ​

Also, the wording and the proposed change seems based on text at
http://hackerpublicradio.org/stuff_you_need_to_know.php , while
http://hackerpublicradio.org/request_a_slot.php also has similar text
​ (which is where I originally came across slot reservations)​
:

" In the case where you wish to reserve a particular slot but do not have
the media recorded, you will need to get the reservation approved in
advance by sending an email to the HPR mailing list. Be sure to allow as
much time as possible, and include a reason why you feel it is necessary to
reserve the slot. "

-
​ ​
which probably needs a similar clarification on the intent and
​current ​
feasibility
​ of reservations​
.