[Hpr] Policy change: Reservations

Ken Fallon ken at fallon.ie
Wed Feb 7 06:01:38 PST 2018

On 2018-02-07 14:43, James Toebes wrote:
> I love the elaborate way of saying:  If the slot is open,  use it.   If
> you cannot upload now,  then ask to lock it.

No that was what we have said in the past.

What we are saying now is "If the slot is open, use it. Reservations are
a pain for us to manage, so please don't ask us to do that any more."

Following the comments from ​Aaressaar​ the proposed text now reads:

"Any host can select any free slot a up to year in advance, by recording
their show and uploading it to the desired slot. In exceptional
circumstances it may be necessary to reserve a slot while not having the
audio available, but this must be approved by the mailing list in
advance. Be sure to allow as much time as possible, and include a reason
why you feel it is necessary to reserve the slot.

This is intended only for exceptional circumstances, such as a scheduled
interview where we would like the audio to be released as soon after the
event as possible, or to cover an important topical situation that has
occurred. Due to the extended time now needed to post shows to external
sites, the extra work this entails and the disruptive effect of
reservations, we will no longer be allowing them except in very rare
cases of the type mentioned above."

Ken Fallon
http://kenfallon.com