[Hpr] Harassment

Paul Quirk paul at pquirk.com
Sat Dec 14 10:33:51 PST 2019

At some point, those who are being harassed need to recognize the fact
that they have the power to ignore their harassers and recognize that
engaging with certain personalities that conflict with your own as a
complete waste of your time. Just go on doing what you're doing; life's
too short to not have fun, and I for one think that we should all
consider that perhaps those who are harassing others have their own
personal issues to deal with. If you think of your harasser as a 5 year
old brat who never grew up beyond the playground taunts, it becomes much
easier to dismiss them as such. Seriously though, mental illness is a
big issue in today's high paced, highly competitive, stressed out and
drugged up world, and often finding compassion for those you feel are
harassing you can lead to a long term sense of well-being. That's
another two cents from me, I'm almost up to a nickel now. :)