[Hpr] The Oxygen of Publicity, was: Re: Fwd: Harassment

Mike Ray mike at raspberryvi.org
Tue Dec 17 01:34:36 PST 2019

For my two pen'orth )sorry, English idiom)...

There has already been too much discussion about this on here.

There is nothing anybody can do to stop anybody on the internet being
trolled, whether it is on Twitter, Facebook, on a mailing list or
anywhere else.

Its annoying, and often downright sinister and disturbing.

But talking about it and wringing your hands at length is just 'feeding
the trolls'.

I suggest everybody just shrugs it off and moves on.

Even a 'code of conduct' is a way of letting the trolls know they are
making an impact.

I get trolled regularly on Twitter because I dictate most of my Tweets
and IOS often types 'to' when it should type 'too', or 'there' when it
should plainly be 'their'.  Something like that is too stupid to even
waste a breath over.

This abuse might be far worse than that, but it is still done from afar,
and talking about it is exactly the troll food they want.