[Hpr] Should we reject a show with copyrighted fair use clips in it ?

Klaatu klaatu at mixedsignals.ml
Thu May 23 03:33:49 PDT 2019

This demonstrates the inferiority of non Creative Commons content.  We are all left to our own interpretation of "fair use" (some say there is legally no such thing at all).

I believe we must reject the episode on the basis that we could be placing our hosting provider at risk. If we want to encourage the episode host to go rogue and post it on his/her own server, then we can do that. Or we can encourage the host to use CC-licensed material.

We must protect our hosting provider and the volunteers who might be seen as beibg legally responsible.

Don't like it? Push CC licensing (this is the route I prefer), or set up a pirate server yourself (and continue to empower those using copyright as cultural blackmail).