[Hpr] Should we reject a show with copyrighted fair use clips in it ?

Ken Fallon ken at fallon.ie
Thu May 23 22:09:37 PDT 2019

On 2019-05-23 20:40, cobra2 wrote:
> That sums it up for me. I have an opinion but we as a community are just not going to be able/willing to fund the legal fallout that could occour. I leave my vote in the hands of the site admins and their risk levels.
>
> --cobra2

Remember that our policy is also a commitment to anyone using our feed.
I know there are downstream projects like college radio, workplaces,
shops etc that are using our feed. They would not need to buy a public
music licence, for feeds contains *only* Creative Commons content.

I know this is strictly enforced in Ireland, any venue where the public
would have access would need a lisence. They brought and won a case
where where a business was not playing any music in their public facing
shop, but the public was exposed to the music playing in the workshop
via a bathroom window.

We need to keep this in mind and be sure that we are not putting our
listeners at risk as well.

Ken Fallon
http://kenfallon.com