[Hpr] Links to Creative Commons Podcasts

Ken Fallon ken at fallon.ie
Mon Oct 14 00:12:56 PDT 2019

On 2019-10-13 22:15, pault wrote:
> On 13/10/2019 22:09, 5am8on9 at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> i cannot find on their website a mention that the podcasts are cc.
>
> it does however explicitly state in each Escape Artists podcast itself
> that it released under cc. i wouldn't've wasted your time recommending
> non-cc material.
>
> anyhow their not on the final list, so hey ho.
>
> pault

Sorry I forgot to go back to the recommendations and ensure they were
included. I will add them back tonight. The reason they got dropped is
because their feed doesn't list it in the xml field "rss/channel/copyright"

With 264 shows, there is no time to go rooting around every website to
find where the shows license is hidden.

I intend to sort them by the last published date as it seems fair. That
said they will change on a daily basis so the order will not be accurate
next weekend. There will be Zero - and I am referring to the Kelvin
scale here - chance of me going through the pain of parsing all the XML
again.

I attached the spreadsheet of the shows I have if there are any you
think should be included then send me a link to their license and the
following information *today*:

- title
- lastPubDate
- htmlUrl
- imageUrl
- xmlUrl
- copyrightUrl
- copyright
- text

Taking HPR as an example.

title="Hacker Public Radio"
lastPubDate="2019-10-11"
htmlUrl="http://hackerpublicradio.org/about.php"
imageUrl="http://hackerpublicradio.org/images/hpr_feed_small.png"
xmlUrl="http://hackerpublicradio.org/hpr_ogg_rss.php"
copyrightUrl="http://hackerpublicradio.org/about.php#free_culture"
copyright="Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License"
text="Hacker Public Radio is an podcast that releases shows every
weekday Monday through Friday. Our shows are produced by the community
(you) and can be on any topic that are of interest to hackers and
hobbyists."

Ken Fallon
http://kenfallon.com