[Hpr] Hpr Digest, Vol 132, Issue 2

Tony Hughes tonyhughes1958 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 07:34:56 PDT 2019


I am so sorry to hear this news, I know Joe whom is one of my fellow
mintCast hosts who knew 5150 through other podcasts will also be shocked to
hear this news.

If you are able Ken please pass on my condolences to his family for their
loss.

Tony Hughes


On Sun, Sep 8, 2019 at 1:46 PM <hpr-request at hackerpublicradio.org> wrote:

> Send Hpr mailing list submissions to
>         hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>
> http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
>
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>         hpr-request at hackerpublicradio.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>         hpr-owner at hackerpublicradio.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Hpr digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Passing of 5150 (Ken Fallon)
>    2. Re: Passing of 5150 (Klaatu)
>    3. Re: Passing of 5150 (cobra2)
>    4. Re: Passing of 5150 (Mike Ray)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2019 12:42:10 +0200
> From: Ken Fallon <ken at fallon.ie>
> To: "hpr at hackerpublicradio.org" <hpr at hackerpublicradio.org>
> Subject: [Hpr] Passing of 5150
> Message-ID: <82297b38-b23c-6f97-9171-5f72c62c936b at fallon.ie>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Hi All,
>
> It is again my sad duty to inform you that another of our hosts and
> friends, 5150 AKA Donald Grier has passed away.
>
> - http://hackerpublicradio.org/correspondents.php?hostid=131
> - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004256928219
> - https://davsvo.com/2019/09/06/rest-in-peace-don/
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ken Fallon
> http://kenfallon.com
> http://hackerpublicradio.org/correspondents.php?hostid=30
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
> Name: signature.asc
> Type: application/pgp-signature
> Size: 833 bytes
> Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
> URL: <
> http://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/attachments/20190908/4f5909b1/attachment-0001.sig
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2019 23:25:46 +1200
> From: Klaatu <klaatu at mixedsignals.ml>
> To: ken at fallon.ie, Ken Fallon <ken at fallon.ie>,
>         "hpr at hackerpublicradio.org" <hpr at hackerpublicradio.org>
> Subject: Re: [Hpr] Passing of 5150
> Message-ID: <DFDA2375-CD21-4831-BCEE-A0CFF58725E9 at mixedsignals.ml>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> I'm in shock. He and I just connected on Mastodon this past month.
>
> He'll be missed.
>
> On 8 September 2019 10:42:10 PM NZST, Ken Fallon <ken at fallon.ie> wrote:
> >Hi All,
> >
> >It is again my sad duty to inform you that another of our hosts and
> >friends, 5150 AKA Donald Grier has passed away.
> >
> >- http://hackerpublicradio.org/correspondents.php?hostid=131
> >- https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004256928219
> >- https://davsvo.com/2019/09/06/rest-in-peace-don/
> >
> >--
> >Regards,
> >
> >Ken Fallon
> >http://kenfallon.com
> >http://hackerpublicradio.org/correspondents.php?hostid=30
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/attachments/20190908/f458d74b/attachment-0001.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2019 11:56:00 +0000
> From: cobra2 <cobra2 at linuxbasement.com>
> To: hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> Subject: Re: [Hpr] Passing of 5150
> Message-ID: <57828241-C9A7-4FD8-83A7-3496DC6CB8B1 at linuxbasement.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
>
> No way! I was just talking with him a few weeks ago. 5150 will be missed
> greatly. It's hard to believe that he's gone. It doesn't seem real.
>
> --cobra2
>
> On September 8, 2019 11:25:46 AM UTC, Klaatu <klaatu at mixedsignals.ml>
> wrote:
> >I'm in shock. He and I just connected on Mastodon this past month.
> >
> >He'll be missed.
> >
> >On 8 September 2019 10:42:10 PM NZST, Ken Fallon <ken at fallon.ie> wrote:
> >>Hi All,
> >>
> >>It is again my sad duty to inform you that another of our hosts and
> >>friends, 5150 AKA Donald Grier has passed away.
> >>
> >>- http://hackerpublicradio.org/correspondents.php?hostid=131
> >>- https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004256928219
> >>- https://davsvo.com/2019/09/06/rest-in-peace-don/
> >>
> >>--
> >>Regards,
> >>
> >>Ken Fallon
> >>http://kenfallon.com
> >>http://hackerpublicradio.org/correspondents.php?hostid=30
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2019 13:45:24 +0100
> From: Mike Ray <mike at raspberryvi.org>
> To: hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> Subject: Re: [Hpr] Passing of 5150
> Message-ID: <e6ad5c18-9b56-df1b-7bc8-59aa5aa61a90 at raspberryvi.org>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
>
>
>
> One of the highlights of the past few years of HPR was 5150 doing his
> version of "what's in the box", scrabbling about in the back of his pick
> up, toolbox and truck bed.  Very good episode.  I was almost able to
> smell the oil :-)
>
>
>
> On 08/09/2019 12:25, Klaatu wrote:
> > I'm in shock. He and I just connected on Mastodon this past month.
> >
> > He'll be missed.
> >
> > On 8 September 2019 10:42:10 PM NZST, Ken Fallon <ken at fallon.ie> wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> It is again my sad duty to inform you that another of our hosts and
> >> friends, 5150 AKA Donald Grier has passed away.
> >>
> >> - http://hackerpublicradio.org/correspondents.php?hostid=131
> >> - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004256928219
> >> - https://davsvo.com/2019/09/06/rest-in-peace-don/
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Ken Fallon
> >> http://kenfallon.com
> >> http://hackerpublicradio.org/correspondents.php?hostid=30
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Hpr mailing list
> > Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> > http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
> >
>
>
> --
> Michael A. Ray
> Analyst/Programmer
> Witley, Surrey, South-east UK
>
> "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when
> there is nothing left to take away." -- A. de Saint-Exupery
>
>
> https://cromarty.github.io/
> http://eyesfreelinux.ninja/
> http://www.raspberryvi.org/
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Subject: Digest Footer
>
> _______________________________________________
> Hpr mailing list
> Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of Hpr Digest, Vol 132, Issue 2
> ***********************************
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/attachments/20190908/2b4f315d/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Hpr mailing list