[Hpr] Note about accessibility in show notes

Dave Morriss perloid at autistici.org
Tue Aug 25 10:48:06 PDT 2020

On 25/08/2020 18:17, Kevin O'Brien wrote:
> I think I have the same question as brian-in-ohio. I submit my show
> notes in plain text, and to do this I just put the links in as plain
> addresses. If there is a better way to do it, I need to know what that
> way is.

I most often process incoming show notes. If they are plain text then I
turn them into Markdown. I wrote a Perl script (make_markdown) that
recognises URLs, determines if they are pictures or not and rewrites
them to be suitable for the Pandoc processor. I call the script from Vim
which is my editor of choice.

The links generated by this method in the final HTML look like:

For my own shows I use Markdown and Pandoc and send in the HTML that's
generated.

Dave