[Hpr] Error feedback from show notes

Ken Fallon ken at fallon.ie
Sun Jul 5 04:02:55 PDT 2020

Hi All,

Most of the shows we process require us to make some level of
modifications to get them posted. This ranges from fixing tags to a
complete rewrite of the shownotes, or verifying whether intros were
actually added or not.

Each modification that we make means that it requires more human
intervention and prevents us from being able to completely automate the
upload process. In addition there is a non trivial amount of time needed
to fix these issues. This can range from a few minutes to an hour or
more per show, and with 260 shows a year this mounts up.

We normally don't contact hosts about these issues as it is usually
quicker to fix the issues than composing emails, and waiting for the
reply that may never come. For the most part our experience has been
that hosts are more than willing to fix these issues if they are aware
of them.

As part of the ongoing steps toward automation, would hosts be open to
the idea of getting a processing report once we have posted the show?
This would list all the issues the test tools found and the steps that
we needed to take to rectify them.

Ken Fallon
http://kenfallon.com