[Hpr] Content Query

Klaatu klaatu at member.fsf.org
Tue Jul 28 14:04:31 PDT 2020

On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 10:21:45 PM yannick at frenchguy.ch wrote:
> As a content maker, I'll always produce content for my own channels first.
> I've never seen HPR as being an original content publisher. Which explains
> my mistake of rebranding some of my original mistake and publishing it on
> HPR after it was originally published on another channel, and also explains
> why I've been silent for a while now : I will always publish on my channels
> first, and by doing so, I will not be able to post that content to HPR. If
> I ever produce content that is HPR-compliant in the future, I'll gladly
> post it then. Until then, I'm a silent lurker.
>
> Yannick, the french guy from Switzerland.
>

> Ya

I don't believe you're in violation of any HPR rule, Yannick. I appreciate the
content you post, and your participation in the community call.  Maybe you're
referring to an interaction you've had privately with HPR admins.

I think we as a community do need to think about what qualifies as abuse. I
don't think Yannick is abusing HPR, for instance, but I do acknowledge that
someone could do what Yannick is doing for a result that would look and feel
like an abuse of HPR.

If Yannick didn't mirror some of his content on HPR, I wouldn't ever have
heard him, because I didn't know he existed until I heard him on HPR. So
there's value in mirroring some content some of the time.

-klaatu