[Hpr] Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) - Feedback desired.

Roan Horning roan.horning at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 07:09:21 PDT 2021

> Version 3.0 seems to have a "or later" clause although I am not a lawyer
> so please make up your own minds.
>
> https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/legalcode
> https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode

I found this page helpful also for a general overview of what is new
in the 4.0 licenses:
"hpr at hackerpublicradio.org" <hpr at hackerpublicradio.org>
https://creativecommons.org/Version4

Here is a conversation on stackexchange about upgrading from 3.0 to 4.0
https://opensource.stackexchange.com/questions/7430/can-i-upgrade-the-version-of-cc-by-sa-from-3-0-to-4-0-in-my-modification

The takeaway from that page: an adaptation of material licenced under
3.0 can have the newer 4.0 license as long as it contains the same
elements.
In HPR's case the Attribution-ShareAlike elements, but the older
material can only have its license upgraded by express permission of
the author.

> Thoughts ? Anyone want to send in a show about this ?
After a quick review, I vote to move to the newer version of the
license, and I am agree to have my few contributions upgraded to the
latest license.

Cheers,

Roan