[Hpr] problems with https://freeculturepodcasts.org/

Dave Morriss perloid at autistici.org
Thu Aug 5 09:31:21 PDT 2021

On 05/08/2021 15:40, Roan Horning wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Was clicking on the affiliate link at the bottom of the HPR page for
> Free Culture Podcasts and get the following message:
>
>     This page isn’t working
>     freeculturepodcasts.org redirected you too many times.
>
>     Try clearing your cookies.
>
>     ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
>
> Is anyone else experiencing this issue?  I have tried it in Firefox
> and Chromium on Linux and the latest MS Edge on Windows 10 and receive
> the same error. Don't know if it is an issue with my network or the
> site itself.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Roan

We built this for FOSDEM 2020 if memory serves (I never made it to this
last physical FOSDEM as I got ill). An exhibitor's table was set up
based around this name and leaflets were generated. This website was
created (with Roan's help I believe) and proved to be quite popular.

I think Ken set up the (static) site on an external service provider.
The plan was to keep it going as a resource for all of the Free Culture
podcasts we were aware of, and I wrote a SQLite database and Perl script
to manage it. There have been updates to the database since then I believe.

There has been a problem with the site since earlier this year according
to my records. I suspect its repair has been a victim of the pandemic
and life in general.

I daresay Ken will have some comments to add about this.

In short, this link is broken, and the plan is to move it somewhere else.

Dave

Dave Morriss, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK | perloid at autistici.org