[Hpr] Please more shows each day.

Mike Ray mike at raspberryvi.org
Sat Aug 28 07:07:09 PDT 2021

No doubt a lot of them are not in English, but four million is a whole
lot of podcasts.

Here are a few of my favourites, not in any particular order:

I hear of Sherlock Everywhere (weekly?)
Sherlock Holmes, trifles (weekly)
The Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes Podcast (monthly I think)
This Week in Google (Thursday)
Security Now (Wednesday)
This Week in Linux (Monday, I think)
Windows Weekly (Thursday?)
Floss Weekly
The Ubuntu Podcast (annoying music)
Compiler (from RedHat)
Command Line Heroes (from RedHat)
In Our Time (BBC, weekly)
In Touch (BBC, weekly, magazine prog for visually impaired folks)
Friday Night Comedy (BBC, Friday)
Oh God, What Now, formerly Remainiacs (Friday)
The Bunker (from those who brought us remainiacs, Friday)
The New European Podcast (Friday)
2.5 Admins (Linux, weekly)
Destination Linux (weekly)
DLN Xtend (from the same stable as Destination Linux)

No Such Thing as a Fish (very funny, Friday)

Shed loads more.

Some of the Linux ones are annoying in that they bang on about gaming
and inaccessible Linux phones a lot. Linux podcasts are about the only
category where I still believe the primary driver is people who like the
sound of their own voice.

But some of them are OK.

One of my recommendations would be to try casts on a subject you don't
know you are interested in. This is a good way to be surprised.

There are probably some about epidemiology and how wearing a mask and
staying at home when there is a f***ing pandemic saves lives.