[Hpr] Hpr Digest, Vol 155, Issue 8

Ken Fallon ken at fallon.ie
Sun Aug 29 00:22:20 PDT 2021

Hi e8hffff,

I'm the Janitor in question let me reply. First thanks for posting this
to the mail list. As I said in the show the Janitors do not decide HPR
policy, this mail list does[1].

 > It's painful to only have one show a week day, and that's double pain
if only a short podcast.

You point is a valid one, and is often brought up for discussion. The
most recent was April of this year, which was triggered by an article by
hedorah[2]. Have a read of that discussion and pop back here with your
thoughts.

To address that point, we have long had the option to ignore the
dictates of the evil Janitors ;-) Just go to "Get Shows > Advanced
Settings[2]" and you can get the shows as soon as they are posted.
Remember that if a show is posted incorrectly and we need to repost it,
you will probably miss the new release. But no harm to have another pair
of ears checking the future freed for us.

Don't forget we have 3996 older shows ready right now. That's 76 days 12
hours 3 minutes 31 seconds right there. Assuming you listen for 12 hours
a day you are covered until Saturday, 29 January 2022. By which time
there will be another 110 shows for you.

You can also help out by adding tags[4] and updating the shownotes for
those shows.

It's great to see you are intending to contribute some shows. If you run
into any issues please get in touch. Any tips on the process from a new
contributor is great as we are always trying to make it easier to post
shows.

[1] http://hackerpublicradio.org/about.php#governance
[2] http://hackerpublicradio.org/advanced_rss_settings.php
[3] http://hackerpublicradio.org/syndication.php