[Hpr] Hpr Digest, Vol 155, Issue 8

Mike Ray mike at raspberryvi.org
Sun Aug 29 08:59:29 PDT 2021

Here in the UK, about 35% of fatal road accidents are caused by people
driving under the influence of alcohol.

That means 65% approximately are caused by people who are sober.

Conclusion, sober people are more dangerous than drunks?

No, just idiot manipulation of statistics.

So, Covid-19 is more survivable than influenza is it? Same bollocks
manipulation of statistics.

Currently a lot of the hospitals in the west are under a serious strain.
Well the ones here in the UK are anyway, perhaps not in the USA where
most people have to file bankruptcy if they get chronically sick. I
would hate to have the first question I am asked when I am rushed in
with Covid be what is my credit card number.

Since the start of the pandemic hundreds of thousands of people have
died of Covid-19 who would not otherwise have died.

They might have died if they got influenza, but are not exposed to
influenza in the same way as Covid-19, and Covid-19 is more virulent.

Your right to not wear a mask and to carry on as normal does not trump
(Trump?) my right to stay alive. Nor that of my elderly and vulnerable
family, friends and neighbours.