[Hpr] Raspberry Pi

Jeroen Baten jbaten at i2rs.nl
Sun Feb 7 11:17:51 PST 2021

This is my research.
It boils down to a question about consent.
Was the user asked for consent to add a repo from a commercial entity to his/her system? Nope.

Command history :
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get full-upgrade
  ls -al /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
Suddenly there's a vscode.list file.
Is it in a package?
dpkg -S /etc/apt/sources.list.d/vscode.list
No, it isn't
dpkg -S vscode.list

root at rpi-400:/var/lib/dpkg# cd info/
root at rpi-400:/var/lib/dpkg/info# grep 'Adding vscode repo' *
raspberrypi-sys-mods.postinst:      echo "Adding vscode repo..."
root at rpi-400:/var/lib/dpkg/info# less raspberrypi-sys-mods.postinst
root at rpi-400:/var/lib/dpkg/info# less raspberrypi-sys-mods.postinst

https://github.com/RPi-Distro/raspberrypi-sys-mods
debian   Add MS Repo  12 days ago

https://github.com/RPi-Distro/raspberrypi-sys-mods/commit/655cad5aee6457b94fc2336b1ff3c1104ccb4351

https://github.com/RPi-Distro/raspberrypi-sys-mods/issues/42

⁣interesting discussion going on on github

Regards, jeroen