[Hpr] Regarding episode 3414 and COVID-19 disinformation

nihilazo nico at itwont.work
Fri Sep 17 12:09:44 PDT 2021

Hello,
I have been wanting to contribute another episode to HPR for years but
have not got around to it yet. However I am more skeptical to lend my
voice to HPR after the publication of episode 3414, which spreads
anti-vaccine and conspiratorial ideas and promotes vitamin B3 as a
vaccine alternative (which has some benefits, as a preventative
alongside the vaccine, but is no replacement, and studies are still
fairly preliminary).
I understand that usual HPR policy dictates that episodes are not to be
edited or removed after they are uploaded but in the case of this
episode I think it's irresponsible for Hacker Public Radio to leave it
up, especially in the midst of a global health crisis.
Are there any plans to deal with this episode's potentially harmful content?

Thanks,
Nico