Keith Murray talks about the things you need to consider when setting up your own blog. Topics discussed include hosting options, software platforms and a brief discussion of some of the underlying technologies involved.
Links to many of the topics and projects discussed are included below.
- Apache: https://httpd.apache.org/
- nginx: https://wiki.nginx.org/Main
- Wordpress: https://wordpress.org/
- Joomla: https://www.joomla.org/
- Drupal: https://drupal.org/
- Jekyll: https://jekyllrb.com/
- Second Crack: https://www.marco.org/secondcrack
- Markdown: https://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/
- Wordpress: https://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
- Drupal: https://drupal.org/documentation/install
- Joomla: https://docs.joomla.org/J3.2:Installing_Joomla
- Blog: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog
- Virtual Private Server: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_server
- Plain Text: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plain_text