Last Month's Shows
Mailing List discussions
Policy decisions surrounding HPR are taken by the community as a whole. This discussion takes place on the Mail List which is open to all HPR listeners and contributors. The discussions are open and available on the Gmane archive.
Discussed this month were:
- Ahuka's interview by semioticrobotic for opensource.com
- Discussion of who is going to OggCamp 14, reserving a table and who has the table kit
- Montana Ethical Hackers want to broadcast HPR content on 107.9FM End Of the Dial--Hacker Radio
- The Mumble server has moved
- Some Community News banter about many-to-many database relationships initiated a show!
- Audio Book Club - planning the next recordings, the Mumble change and the location of the feeds
- A slight misunderstanding about Orca arising from the Community News
- Some discussion about the generation of audio and HTML show notes
- Should we publish the HPR downloads stats ? - continuation of last month's discussion with the conclusion that yes, we should publish these stats
- 5150's devastating news - he lost his house in a fire. He and his father are OK, but 5150 got some first-degree and second-degree burns. A funding site has been set up by Dan Frey at https://fundanything.com/en/campaigns/help-5150
- Fwd: Migration in the future (To my company). -
- Josh Knapp is setting up his own hosting company https://anhonesthost.com/
- The HPR site will be migrating there
- A thank you to Josh's company will be included in the intro
- The outro will need to be re-recorded
- A summary of the show will also be included after the intro, using text to speech
- New Intro, Outro, and Template Files now available - the show note header has been changed too and the details on the web site at https://hackerpublicradio.org/contribute.php
Comments this month
There are 13 comments:
- hpr1563 etalas: "[no title]", relating to the show hpr1563 (2014-07-30) "Starting Programs at boot on the Raspberry Pi" by MrX.
- hpr1558 Mark Waters: "Thanks", relating to the show hpr1558 (2014-07-23) "Lunch Breaks" by Christopher M. Hobbs.
- hpr1558 Ken Fallon: "You *must* get a recording device for mobile interviews", relating to the show hpr1558 (2014-07-23) "Lunch Breaks" by Christopher M. Hobbs.
- hpr1558 pokey: "Cool topic", relating to the show hpr1558 (2014-07-23) "Lunch Breaks" by Christopher M. Hobbs.
- hpr1558 Beeza: "Lunchbreak Exploration", relating to the show hpr1558 (2014-07-23) "Lunch Breaks" by Christopher M. Hobbs.
- hpr1554 Colin : "Journey comments", relating to the show hpr1554 (2014-07-17) "07 - The Crown Conspiracy" by HPR_AudioBookClub.
- hpr1553 pokey: "Fun ep", relating to the show hpr1553 (2014-07-16) "TuxJam 33.333 - How we got into Linux " by Andrew Conway.
- hpr1551 pokey: "Very interesting", relating to the show hpr1551 (2014-07-14) "Bitcoin Mining" by Scyner.
- hpr1549 pokey: "Cool stuff", relating to the show hpr1549 (2014-07-10) "Cool Stuff Pt.1" by Curtis Adkins (CPrompt^).
- hpr1538 Jon Kulp : "Thanks Dave! ", relating to the show hpr1538 (2014-06-25) "Overhauling the School of Music website" by Jon Kulp.
- hpr1284 Jon Kulp : "Help for Ash", relating to the show hpr1284 (2013-07-04) "Blather Speech Recognition for Linux: Interview with Jezra" by Jon Kulp.
- hpr1199 Don Frey: "[no title]", relating to the show hpr1199 (2013-03-07) "Old Time Radio on the web" by Frank Bell.
- hpr0367 Georgi : "[no title]", relating to the show hpr0367 (2009-05-28) "Screw you Hacker" by Chad.