How to use a Slide Rule
In my show 1664, “Life and Times of a Geek part 1”, I spoke about using a slide rule as a schoolboy. As a consequence, I was asked if I would do a show on slide rules, and this is it (after a rather long delay).
I have written out a moderately long set of notes for this episode and these are available here https://hackerpublicradio.org/eps/hpr2166/full_shownotes.html.
- HPR show “Life and Times of a Geek part 1”: https://hackerpublicradio.org/eps.php?id=1664
- Wikipedia article on the slide rule: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slide_rule
- International Slide Rule Museum: https://sliderulemuseum.com/SR_Course.htm
- Wikipedia article on the Logarithm: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logarithm
- Wikipedia article on the Mathematical table: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_table
- wikiHow article on how to use a Logarithm Table: https://www.wikihow.com/Use-Logarithmic-Tables
- Wikipedia article on John Napier: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Napier
- Wikipedia article on Merchiston Tower: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merchiston_Tower
- Wikipedia article on Edinburgh Napier University: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh_Napier_University
- The Faber Castell 1/60/360: