hpr2391 :: HPR Community News for September 2017
HPR Volunteers talk about shows released and comments posted in September 2017
Hosted by HPR Volunteers on Monday 2017-10-02 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: Community News.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (0)
Part of the series: HPR Community News
A monthly look at what has been going on in the HPR community. This is a regular show scheduled for the first Monday of the month.
There were no new hosts this month.
Last Month's Shows
Comments this month
These are comments which have been made during the past month, either to shows
released during the month or to past shows.
There are 41 comments in total.
There are 11 comments on 5 previous shows:
- hpr2356 (2017-08-14) "Safely enabling ssh in the default Raspbian Image" by Ken Fallon.
- Comment 2: sesamemucho on 2017-09-10: "Thanks for pulling this together"
- Comment 3: Ken Fallon on 2017-09-19: "Fantastic"
- hpr2358 (2017-08-16) "Amateur radio round table #2" by Various Hosts.
- Comment 1: Josh Huber KF6ZZD on 2017-09-25: "Doppler shift of RF at terrestrial speeds"
- hpr2360 (2017-08-18) "Tradeoffs in the US Health Care System" by Ahuka.
- Comment 2: Kevin O'Brien on 2017-09-03: "Still have tradeoffs"
- hpr2364 (2017-08-24) "Managing Your Android with AirDroid" by Frank Bell.
- Comment 3: Brenda J Butler on 2017-09-20: "Run naked through the googleplex - haha"
- hpr2369 (2017-08-31) "Little Meters" by NYbill.
- Comment 3: NYbill on 2017-09-01: "Ambient Noise"
- Comment 4: NYbill on 2017-09-01: "8008"
- Comment 5: Mike Ray on 2017-09-01: "Ambient noise and ASMR"
- Comment 6: NYbill on 2017-09-01:"[no title]"
- Comment 7: Not Verified on 2017-09-06: "1"
- Comment 8: NYbill on 2017-09-06: "ESR tester kits."
There are 30 comments on 12 of this month's shows:
- hpr2371 (2017-09-04) "HPR Community News for August 2017" by HPR Volunteers.
- Comment 1: Frank on 2017-09-30:"[no title]"
- Comment 2: Ken Fallon on 2017-09-30: "We have gone live with the new comment system"
- Comment 3: dodddummy on 2017-09-30: "In the US jelly is also clear and jam isn't."
- Comment 4: Dave Morriss on 2017-09-30: "Jam versus jelly"
- hpr2374 (2017-09-07) "How to Make Sauerkraut" by Tony Hughes AKA TonyH1212.
- hpr2376 (2017-09-11) "Information Underground: 21st Century Superstar" by deepgeek.
- Comment 1: A Porkchop on 2017-09-30: "Communities"
- Comment 2: Kevin O'Brien on 2017-09-30: "Great discussion"
- hpr2377 (2017-09-12) "A Rambling Drive Into Work" by MrX.
- Comment 1: dodddummy on 2017-09-30: "I know you said you didn't need this, but..."
- Comment 2: thelovebug on 2017-09-30: "Great concept for a show... so I pinched it!"
- hpr2378 (2017-09-13) "Why Docbook?" by klaatu.
- Comment 1: Mike Ray on 2017-09-30: "kramdown"
- Comment 2: Florian on 2017-09-30: "whats so hard about code in a list?"
- Comment 3: Klaatu on 2017-09-30: "Kramdown"
- Comment 4: Klaatu on 2017-09-30: "github markdown"
- hpr2379 (2017-09-14) "sending a text message from the command line" by Jezra.
- Comment 1: jezra on 2017-09-30: "feedback!"
- Comment 2: Ken Fallon on 2017-09-30: "We do what you ask :)"
- Comment 3: jezra on 2017-09-30: "force of habit?"
- hpr2380 (2017-09-15) "Raspbian X86 on P4 Tower" by Tony Hughes AKA TonyH1212.
- Comment 1: dodddummy on 2017-09-30: "Glad you posted"
- Comment 2: Kleer Kut on 2017-09-30: "Raspbian x86"
- hpr2381 (2017-09-18) "Benefits of a tabletop" by klaatu.
- Comment 1: gurdonark on 2017-09-30: "good episode"
- Comment 2: Shane Shennan on 2017-09-30: "I like how you put that!"
- hpr2384 (2017-09-21) "Slackware in Scotland" by Andrew Conway.
- Comment 1: sunzofman1 on 2017-09-30: "Still Thriving"
- hpr2385 (2017-09-22) "Healthcare Costs" by Ahuka.
- hpr2386 (2017-09-25) "The Decline and Fall of Tcl" by clacke.
- Comment 1: clacke on 2017-09-30: "More */Tk"
- Comment 2: Mad Sweeney on 2017-09-30: "Tk is not accessible"
- Comment 3: clacke on 2017-09-30: "rms flamefest"
- Comment 4: Mad Sweeney on 2017-09-30: "Flamefest"
- hpr2388 (2017-09-27) "Apt Spelunking 4: Planet of the Apts" by Windigo.
Mailing List discussions
Policy decisions surrounding HPR are taken by the community as a whole. This discussion takes place on the Mail List which is open to all HPR listeners and contributors. The discussions are open and available in the archives run externally by Gmane (see below) and on the HPR server under Mailman.
Note: since the summer of 2016 Gmane has changed location and is currently being reestablished. At the moment the HPR archive is not available there.
The threaded discussions this month can be found here:https://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/2017-September/thread.html
Any other business
- Podcast Awards
The Podcast Awards Ceremony is at 5pm PST on September 30th 2017. That is the day on which this HPR episode is being recorded, and it is also International Podcast Day!
Again this year, HPR is a contender for the Technology Category.
- FOSDEM 2018
For the upcoming FOSDEM 2018 we have applied for a Podcaster's Table where a range of technical podcasts (including HPR) will be promoted. We have collected notes of interest from a wide range of podcasts, and some representatives will hopefully be able to join us as we run this table.
We are hoping that this application will be approved by the FOSDEM administrators.
- Website issues
Over the past month the HPR website has been very slow at times, or has been so overloaded that it has effectively been unavailable. This has been caused by various web robots which have been scanning the site for long periods in a very inefficient way.
We are aware of this and Josh has been taking remedial action. However, because these robots are not behaving in a standard way, the range of preventative action is limited without purchasing more sophisticated tools.
For the moment we are monitoring the situation.
Just a reminder: HPR's webhosting service and behind the scenes facilities are provided free of charge by Josh Knapp of anhonesthost.com.
Automatically generated using whisper
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr2391.wav