hpr2549 :: DVD ripping using old hardware
How I put an older machine and a little cash to repurpose it.
Hosted by Archer72 on Thursday 2018-05-10 is flagged as Clean and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: ripping, movies, hardware, repurpose.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (2)
- Had a tower with a bad motherboard.
- Wife found one at the Savers (Goodwill) for $8
- Board worked, but had no video
- Bought a 8mb video card for $10
- Power supply fan seized, $10,
- Got a warning about danger of opening up a power supply.
- Distro should be on a USB key, and run headless
- Easy way to back up the system
- Had Arch installed, no 32 bit support after end of 2017
- Installed Slackware, only working distribution for my hardware
- Found it useful to have a script to chroot from the install media to the Slackware install.
- Added a boot delay to mkinitrc for usb, otherwise it would boot with a message about not finding
- Set up ssh with alternative port
- Installed mplayer and tmux, and ripit with sbopkg
- Mplayer to rip streams for movies and shows
- Tmux is my favorite for resuming from a different PC or mobile
- Needed a way to rip any media regardless of encryption
- Only need libdvdcss to read
- Includes Disney (Star Wars, Tron)
- CD ripping was a bonus
- Ripit to rip CDs
- Scripts are on Github
- Happy ripping!
Automatically generated using whisper
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr2549.wav