hpr2689 :: Bash Tips - 14
More about loops - the 'for' loop, 'break' and 'continue'
Hosted by Dave Morriss on Thursday 2018-11-22 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (0)
Part of the series: Bash Scripting
This is an open series in which Hacker Public Radio Listeners can share their Bash scripting knowledge and experience with the community. General programming topics and Bash commands are explored along with some tutorials for the complete novice.
Bash Tips - 14 (Some auxiliary Bash tips)
More about loops
This is the fourteenth episode covering useful tips about using Bash. Episodes 9-13 covered Making Decisions in Bash and in these episodes we looked at
until loops, but not
for loops. This episode is making good this deficiency, and is also looking at
continue which are very useful when using loops.
I have provided detailed notes as usual for this episode, and these can be viewed here.
- “GNU BASH Reference Manual”
- Previous episodes under the heading Bash Tips:
- HPR episode 1648 “Bash parameter manipulation”
- HPR episode 1843 “Some Bash tips”
- HPR episode 1884 “Some more Bash tips”
- HPR episode 1903 “Some further Bash tips”
- HPR episode 1951 “Some additional Bash tips”
- HPR episode 2045 “Some other Bash tips”
- HPR episode 2278 “Some supplementary Bash tips”
- HPR episode 2293 “More supplementary Bash tips”
- HPR episode 2639 “Some ancillary Bash tips - 9”
- HPR episode 2649 “More ancillary Bash tips - 10”
- HPR episode 2659 “Further ancillary Bash tips - 11”
- HPR episode 2669 “Additional ancillary Bash tips - 12”
- HPR episode 2679 “Extra ancillary Bash tips - 13”
- Examples: bash14_ex1.sh, bash14_ex2.sh, bash14_ex3.sh, bash14_ex4.sh, bash14_ex5.sh
Automatically generated using whisper
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr2689.wav