hpr2709 :: Bash Tips - 16
Arrays in Bash (part 1)
Hosted by Dave Morriss on Thursday 2018-12-20 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: Bash,array,indexed array,associative array.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (2)
Part of the series: Bash Scripting
This is an open series in which Hacker Public Radio Listeners can share their Bash scripting knowledge and experience with the community. General programming topics and Bash commands are explored along with some tutorials for the complete novice.
Bash Tips - 16 (Further auxiliary Bash tips)
Arrays in Bash
This is the first of a small group of shows on the subject of arrays in Bash. It is also the sixteenth show in the Bash Tips sub-series.
We have encountered Bash arrays at various points throughout this sub-series, and have even seen a number of examples, but the subject has never been examined in detail. This group of shows intends to make good this deficiency.
I have provided detailed notes as usual for this episode, and these can be viewed here.
- “GNU BASH Reference Manual”
- Section on “Bash Arrays”
- Linux Documentation Project: Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide
- Previous episodes under the heading Bash Tips:
- HPR episode 1648 “Bash parameter manipulation”
- HPR episode 1843 “Some Bash tips”
- HPR episode 1884 “Some more Bash tips”
- HPR episode 1903 “Some further Bash tips”
- HPR episode 1951 “Some additional Bash tips”
- HPR episode 2045 “Some other Bash tips”
- HPR episode 2278 “Some supplementary Bash tips”
- HPR episode 2293 “More supplementary Bash tips”
- HPR episode 2639 “Some ancillary Bash tips - 9”
- HPR episode 2649 “More ancillary Bash tips - 10”
- HPR episode 2659 “Further ancillary Bash tips - 11”
- HPR episode 2669 “Additional ancillary Bash tips - 12”
- HPR episode 2679 “Extra ancillary Bash tips - 13”
- HPR episode 2689 “Bash Tips - 14 (Some auxiliary Bash tips)”
- HPR episode 2699 “Bash Tips - 15 (More auxiliary Bash tips)”
- Examples: bash16_ex1.sh
Automatically generated using whisper
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr2709.wav