hpr2719 :: Bash Tips - 17
Arrays in Bash (part 2)
Hosted by Dave Morriss on Thursday 2019-01-03 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: Bash,array,indexed array,associative array.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (2)
Part of the series: Bash Scripting
This is an open series in which Hacker Public Radio Listeners can share their Bash scripting knowledge and experience with the community. General programming topics and Bash commands are explored along with some tutorials for the complete novice.
Bash Tips - 17 (Additional auxiliary Bash tips)
Arrays in Bash
This is the second of a small group of shows on the subject of arrays in Bash. It is also the seventeenth show in the Bash Tips sub-series.
In the last show we saw the two types of arrays, and learned about the multiple ways of creating them and populating them. We also looked at how array elements and entire arrays are accessed.
Now we want to continue looking at array access and some of the various parameter expansion operations available.
I have provided detailed notes as usual for this episode, and these can be viewed here.
- “GNU BASH Reference Manual”
- Section on “Bash Arrays”
- Linux Documentation Project: Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide
Wikipedia article entitled “Fibonacci Number”
- Previous episodes under the heading Bash Tips:
- HPR episode 1648 “Bash parameter manipulation”
- HPR episode 1843 “Some Bash tips”
- HPR episode 1884 “Some more Bash tips”
- HPR episode 1903 “Some further Bash tips”
- HPR episode 1951 “Some additional Bash tips”
- HPR episode 2045 “Some other Bash tips”
- HPR episode 2278 “Some supplementary Bash tips”
- HPR episode 2293 “More supplementary Bash tips”
- HPR episode 2639 “Some ancillary Bash tips - 9”
- HPR episode 2649 “More ancillary Bash tips - 10”
- HPR episode 2659 “Further ancillary Bash tips - 11”
- HPR episode 2669 “Additional ancillary Bash tips - 12”
- HPR episode 2679 “Extra ancillary Bash tips - 13”
- HPR episode 2689 “Bash Tips - 14 (Some auxiliary Bash tips)”
- HPR episode 2699 “Bash Tips - 15 (More auxiliary Bash tips)”
- HPR episode 2709 “Bash Tips - 16 (Further auxiliary Bash tips)”
- Examples: bash17_ex1.sh, bash17_ex2.sh, bash17_ex3.sh, bash17_ex4.sh, bash17_ex5.sh
Automatically generated using whisper
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr2719.wav